Friday, May 25, 2012

Strawberry Bavarian

If you live in the states, the kick-off of BBQ season for the summer is this weekend with Memorial Day.  Some of us are fortunate and get to have a three day weekend and BBQ with our family and friends, while others are protecting our freedoms.  One of our favorite and easy dishes is Strawberry Bavarian.  It is so easy.  I received this recipe from my mother years back and the kids love it!  All you need is a

 
  • a 6 oz. Pkg. of Strawberry Jello
  • a 8 oz. container of Cool Whip
  • a 16 oz. container of strawberries
  • Fresh Strawberries to garnish (optional)


First, you need to make the jello as per the instructions.  Refrigerate until the jello is not quite set.  It wiggles, but it is not quite competely done.   Mine takes about 3 hours to get to this point. This is the time to take it out of the refrigerator.  First you add your strawberries


Next, add your whipped topping.



I have one of those hand blenders that works fabulous on this.  It chops up the strawberries and mixes the jello and whipped topping up to perfection.  I never thought that I would use the hand blender, but it works on a variety of dishes.


Refrigerate for until the jello mixture is all set-up and you get..
THIS!



You can decorate it with a few fanned out fresh strawberies to make it look super fancy.  It is a great Memorial or Fourth of July dish because of its pretty pink color.
Enjoy!  I bet you won't have much leftover.






 
 
Lovely Places I have linked to .....


Dragonfly Designs



Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Yummy! I love strawberry anything. Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks SO yummy! Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh that looks soooo good right now... I want some!!!!! lol
    I love an easy and yummy recipe!!!

    Thanks for sharing at the ALL STARS BLOCK PARTY...

    Carri
    simplydonewright.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks tasty, and easy and cool for summer.

    ReplyDelete