Monday, May 14, 2012

Three Sheets to the Wind

When you make a title like that, you expect for someone to be out all night partying until they had to be driven home.  I can say I don't have any experience in that field.  So it can only mean one other thing,  I have finished another applique wall hanging.  It is another example of a painting by Barbara LaVallee.  I once again had the pattern purchase for me at a little shop in Anchorage, AK.  You can find it here.  If they don't have it on there website, their shop is super friendly and can assist you, so give them a ring.



Batik fabric works so well for her appliques.  The brighter the better (Or at least I think so.)


I also finished my Pinwheel table runner for my Mom.  Here is a peak or you can check out the whole runner here.


And of course, no post in complete without some flowers from my garden.





You can find this and other finishes on ....
May Finishes



 
 
Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. That applique is pretty!!! I do love the batiks and agree with you, the brighter the better. Look at your pretty flowers. I have buds but no blooms yet, hopefully soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Every year I worry the the peonies will get hailed on. I am luck and get to enjoy them this year.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks for the party again!

      Delete
  3. You did a beautiful job with this quilt! The fabrics you picked really are perfect! Congrats and thanks for linking up!

    xo -E

    P.S. Peonies are my favorite. Yours are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Peonies are one of my favorites, also. I am hoping they all get to bloom before it decides to hail.

      Delete
  4. What a gorgeous wall hanging! Wow. You have so much patience. I love to look at applique, but I don't love to do it. : ) You did a really beautiful job on it. Congratulations on winning the charm packs from Such a Sew and Sew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is really not my favorite either. I like the results just dislike all the tiny scissor work. I am super excited to receive the charm packs. I don't beliieve that I have one any drawing before this one. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete