Tuesday, May 15, 2012

W.I.P. Wednesday #4

Is it really already Wednesday?  The week has gone by so quickly, but I have got a few projects completed.  I finished my Eskimo Yo-Yo.  I was so busy sandwiching it all together that I forgot to put the other border around the edge.  Too late now. 


I tried to put some free motion stars into the brown around the girl.  It was the first time I tried a shape.  Usually, I just make straight lines or Stipple.  (I believe that is what it is called.)  One or two of the stars are a little wonky.

And if you missed what other projects I finished this week......



And this is what I have to look forward to next week.  The local fabric store is having a competition with a mystery fabric.  This is what I got picked.  It is a really gorgeous purple color.  You are only allowed to use six color including this little beauty and it can only be 20" x 20".  It has been keeping me up for the last couple nights.  Thoughts of projects dancing through my head.


Finishes - Yeah three ( Pinwheel table runner, Eskimo Yo-Yo, and Three Sheets to the Wind)

W.I.P. - Mystery project and two messenger bags

May FinishesWIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced





Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. Clicked through from Lee's, and I just wanted to say that I really love your Eskimo girl! The earth tones with the muted red white and blues are lovely together. Sorry you don't like the way the stars turned out, I think they look good and they fit with the theme of the quilt more than plain stippling would.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Some of the stars look like railroad tracks, but they blend in. (mostly). I will try it again soon.

      Delete
  2. I love your little Eskimo girl - so cute! And your table runner is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really loved making them both.

      Delete
  3. Cute Eskimo girl! And I love your quilted stars! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I loved the blocks you are working on.

      Delete
  4. Stars are deceptively tricky little monsters to quilt. I never know if I'm coming or going and end up cutting off one point a lot. Anyway, super cute quilt! I love your fabrics! Congrats on another great finish and thanks for linking up!

    xo -E

    ReplyDelete