Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Mystery Project

I had posted last week that a local fabric shop was having a little sewing contest.  The rules entailed using less than six fabric in which one of them was a mystery until you picked it up in store.  I picked up a pretty little purple.  The project also could not be any larger that 20" x 20".  I usually like to make bags and totes, but I am always up for  something new.  I had never tried a Dresden Plate before and thought how timeless their beauty really is.  I also was looking for something functional, so I decided on a pillow.  This is what I have so far...




I decided to echo the Dresden in quilting.  I still have quite a bit of quilting left to do.  The deadline is the 1st of June, so I best get busy.  Next week, it will have a final reveal.




I also have been working on a crochet project in which I hope to have completed by tomorrow. For the first time, I  have a giveaway.  (Which you can check out here)  The weather was just beautiful here and it is so hard to get any sewing done when there is so much to do.   I planted three flats of flowers, 2 rose bushes and 13 strawberry plants over the weekend.  We tried something different with the strawberries and if it works, I will enjoy sharing.  I do love the summer time!!!   Here are some of my peonies.  The burgundy one just bloomed today. 









The lovely places I linked to


Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. very pretty, love the splash of color. I agree timeless beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love that royal purple color.

      Delete
  2. Your sewing project looks amazing and I love your peonies - so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love to sew, but I love to garden also!

      Delete
  3. I'm a sucker for a pretty Dresden and yours is very pretty! Good luck on the contest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Fingers crossed, maybe I'll win!

      Delete
  4. Looks beautiful! I always love Dresdens and the echo quilting is perfect! Thanks for sharing!
    Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great!! Deadlines always push me to get things done too!!

    ReplyDelete