Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Pinwheel Table Runner


I stayed up a little late just to finish the table runner for my Mother.  I could have quilted it a little differently but would have been up all night. 


These were my first pin wheels and they were super simple using this tutorial from the Missouri Star Quilt Company.  I quilted it using a variegated thread in golden tones.   I used a Moda Charm Pack.  Please forgive me, I put this together awhile ago and cannot remember the fabric line.  It worked perfect for my Mom's color scheme in her house.






I thought that I would share my Mother's Day flowers.


Both are different types of Columbines.


Happy Mother's Day!

You can find this and other projects at
May Finishes


















Pin It Now!

15 comments:

  1. love your table runner I love country and quilts this fits my theme well and I can imagine many others come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment! It is my first to make one in a more country theme and I had a fun time making it. Thanks for dropping by and I will check out your quilts!

      Delete
  2. Lovely quilt! I would love to attempt something like that, but have a lot to learn still. Thanks for sharing!

    karen @ quintonwench.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen,
      If you go to the tutorial that Missour Star Quilt Compamny has, it is super easy. I didn't think I could do it either.
      Amy

      Delete
  3. Nice gift! It is so pretty. I love making gifts that are pretty and usable myself. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is my favorite thing also. I rarely get to keep anything for myself. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful runner! I really struggled with pinwheels my first time, but yours look great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I couldn't have done it without watching a tutorial a couple time.

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful table runner and neat fabric, what a special gift! Thanks for sharing.
    Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and thanks for the linky party.

      Delete
  6. Very Pretty! I'm sure your mother loved it! I would love for you to link this up to "I Made This" at Grits & Giggles! http://gritsandgiggles.blogspot.com/2012/05/i-made-this-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! I just in a fabric shop today and picked up a few half-yard cuts, thinking to make a table runner. I had nine-patches in mind, but I love your pinwheel runner, so I think I'll use your idea! I'm sure your mom loved it because it is a really beautiful project. Thank you for linking up!

    xo -E

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this!! The fabric is really pretty! Thanks for sharing!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for following! I would love to join you linking party!

    ReplyDelete