Thursday, May 31, 2012

Sugar Cookie Scrub

I thought I would try another sugar scrub.  I have super sensitive skin and seem to have more allergy issues the older I get.  Which is not that much fun, but you learn to deal.  It calls for a few more ingredients than the Lemon Sugar Scrub, that I had made earlier.


What you need:


  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 1/2 tbsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 tbsp. nutmeg
  • 2 tbsp. cinnamon
  • 2 tbsp. ginger
  • 1 cup vegetable oil (I like to use coconut oil or almond oil also)
  • For a bit more moisture, you can add 1 tbsp. honey
Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.  Pour in the oil a little at a time, stirring as you go.  Put into glass jar with a lid.  It is quite thick, very different from the other I had made.


If you really love sweet smelling products - then this is for you.  I am a little more for the fresh scent of a lemon, then the sweetness of this.  It works really well on your skin though.  And if you hate it, you can always follow the direction of my munchkin who says "Can we put this on a sweet potato?"  So now you have two options rub on you or use as a potato topping.





The lovely places I link to.....



Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. That's hilarious! Sounds like a good scrub!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to my children, you could eat it with a spoon. The scrub will have to go into hiding!

      Delete
  2. I love home-made body care products--no chemicals sounds good to me...plus this one really does sound good enough to eat, add a little flour and I bet this could turn into some to-die-for cookies! :)

    Hopping over from the Anything Goes Hop, I love your site and your unique colorful banner. Visit me and my pals if you like at www.ladiesholiday.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. My banner is a pic of a pillow I made. I will definitely stop by your site!
      Amy :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the wonderful recipe! Scrubbed from head to toe tonight. A perfect, much needed moment of pampering! Thank you again :) P.S. Pinned and shared on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The direction of my munchkin who says "Can we put this on a sweet potato?" So now you have two options rub on you or use as a potato topping.

    ReplyDelete