Wednesday, June 6, 2012

W.I.P. Wednesday #7 - Windy Weather

Due to the huge amount of wind we have been getting lately, I have done okay working through my "To Do" list that needs to be complete.  I finished one of the red, white and blue Dresden pillows for my Dad for Father's day. 





 By the way I already gave it to him and my Mother is ready to hide it from him.  He sits on it and scrunches it all up.  I thought about making its twin on a darker background.  But I don't think that I like it as much.  It looks too grey.


I also finished a little messenger bag for my niece.  She also scrunches it up.  I have yet to see her sit on though.


And I finished up a more subdued version of the Flower Power Pillow that I had made for my kiddo. 


 I have also  joined the Blog Hop over at Plum and June.  My big day is  Oct 9th, I am already sweating on what exactly to give tips or a tutorial on.  Oh the Pressure!   Each gives a new tutorial and tips for their given day and maybe you'll find a few new blog you would like to join.  There are a lot of great new blogs out there so stop in check on them out and show them a little love.


The Stats:

New Projects: 2 sewing and 1 crochet
Not Complete : 3 all sewing
Completed: 2 sewing and 3 crochet







Pin It Now!

26 comments:

  1. Love your dresden pillow and I have to agree, the lighter background definitely looks better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted something to contrast, but I agree it is too dark. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Your dresden pillows both look great! How fabulous to get such a great response from your dad! Love when handmade gifts go down so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to give handmade gifts, but I hardly ever receive them :( Thanks for your lovely comments and stopping by!
      Amy :)

      Delete
  3. Love the dresden pillows - they are so eyecatching. The design shows up beautifully on the light background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So far Dresdens are my favorite block. Thanks for stopping by!
      Amy :)

      Delete
  4. Cute bag and your dresden is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they both love them. Thanks for dropping in!
      Amy :)

      Delete
  5. Your dresden pillow looks lovely, great that your Dad obviously appreciates it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I' m afraid my mother will hide it from him if he keeps sitting on it. Maybe cover it in plastic wrap! LOL. Thanks for stopping by and your lovely comment!
      Amy :)

      Delete
  6. I love the Dresden pillow, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your beautiful pillow! Thanks for visiting and your nice comments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping in and visiting also and your lovely comment!

      Delete
  8. Love the pillow! You must have spent a lot of time of it. How sweet for your dad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are a lot less time consuming then pinwheel blocks. I did those for a table runner and it seem like it took forever. Thanks for dropping by!
      Amy :)

      Delete
  9. Oh my gosh, I joined the New Blogger Hop too - my day is Sept 9, so there is plenty of time, but I'm also sweatin it! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Funny how something so far away can make you nervous. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
      Amy :)

      Delete
  10. Wonderful pillow! I've been dreaming of doing a dresden block, but I'm so intimidated by it for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like Izzy, I'm also intimidated by Dresden! Your pillows look great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Dresden looks great! I just got the ruler yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never thought of doing a dresden in red, white, and blue but it's gorgeous! What fabic line did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I used Moda American Banner Rose. They are selling out of it everywhere. I picked mine up at Missouri Star and Crazy Girl Fabric shop, if you are interested in picking some up.
      Amy :)

      Delete
  14. The pillow is awesome, and pillows are meant to be used and scrunched...that means they are loved and appreciated!

    ReplyDelete