Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Still Zig Zaggin

I started the quilt along with good intentions, hoping to finish before next week.  It is the biggest quilting project that I have taken on.  I have made table cloth sized projects, but never quilted them (just tied) I am hoping that I can get this all quilted with my little machine.  That is my favorite part.  I sewed on the borders Saturday night.  I went for the scrappy look and sewed on some leftover jellyroll strips around the edge. 




And the large border, I went with a coordinating blue floral.









And last night I finally decided on the back, once again scrappy. I put a row in the middle to break up the floral tan and blue material. I can't wait to show you it all completed. 

I have been keeping a secret from all of you, but it will be unveiled tomorrow.  (I am so excited!!)





The lovely places I link to....


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
Fresh Poppy Design
Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. Your row in the back works a treat, you are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I was unsure what to do with it for some time.

      Delete
  2. Lovely. I like the color combo.
    I hope I remember to return tomorrow to find out the secret!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful quilt. Love the fabrics, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt and you can get it quilted on your machine, I do all of mine on my old Singer. Thanks for sharing.
    Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again Connie and for taking the time to comment each week!

      Delete