Saturday, June 9, 2012

Pecan Pie Muffins

 I thought this morning I would try something different and make some homemade muffins from scratch.  Usually when I make muffins, I grab a box and add the ingredients, but this recipe offered 5 easy ingredients and very tasty results.  Who can beat that easy and delicious?  They are Pecan Pie Muffins and Oh they were YUMMY!!!  My mother got the recipe from an old family friend years ago, but I never had made them before.


The ingredients are:


  • 1 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup chopped pecans
  • 2/3 cup butter, softened
  • 2 eggs, beaten
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease the muffin pan with the cooking spray with flour.  I hear this part is super important.  Mine slipped right out of the muffin pan so this worked great.
  2. In a bowl, mix brown sugar, flour, and pecans.  In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and butter together until smooth, stir in the dry ingredients until combined.  Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups.  Only fill about 2/3 full. 
  3. I used the super small muffin pan and cooked for about 8 minutes. 




I served them warm with a little butter on top.  Yes, a slight indulgence, but it doesn't hurt every once in a while.  If you love pecan pie, but only fix it at holidays this would also be the perfect dessert served warm with a little ice cream.  They were "Easy and Delicious"

Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy!

Pin It Now!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Amy,
    I would like to announce you that you won the giveaway on my blog! Hooray :))
    For more informations send me an e-mail!
    Wish you a happy Sunday!
    Hugs,
    Hanni

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pecan pie and these muffins sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so good when they are still warm and so much easier than pecan pie.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad I hopped over on the blog hop! I'm going to try these muffins! Hop on over if you can!
    Carmen
    http://heavenleiislandsofpeace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmm....those look yummy! I love pecans. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh these look so good! I absolutely love pecan pie, and these sound utterly delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your project in last week's Crafty Showcase. We love how you inspire others on the internet! Stop back over and share more of your talent in the new Bowdabra Crafty Showcase starting Friday night midnight! http://www.bowdabrablog.com
    Susie @Bowdabra

    ReplyDelete
  7. I printed out the pecan pie recipe and left it on the kitchen counter as a hint for my hubby...and he made them yesterday! I had one last night with a cuppa tea. They are very rich tasting--I love the taste of pecans-- and his came out a little dense --he made large ones so we only got 6 but mmm-mm-mmm. I think I am going to try out making them into cookies...

    ReplyDelete