I thought this morning I would try something different and make some homemade muffins from scratch. Usually when I make muffins, I grab a box and add the ingredients, but this recipe offered 5 easy ingredients and very tasty results. Who can beat that easy and delicious? They are Pecan Pie Muffins and Oh they were YUMMY!!! My mother got the recipe from an old family friend years ago, but I never had made them before.
The ingredients are:
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the muffin pan with the cooking spray with flour. I hear this part is super important. Mine slipped right out of the muffin pan so this worked great.
- In a bowl, mix brown sugar, flour, and pecans. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and butter together until smooth, stir in the dry ingredients until combined. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups. Only fill about 2/3 full.
- I used the super small muffin pan and cooked for about 8 minutes.
I served them warm with a little butter on top. Yes, a slight indulgence, but it doesn't hurt every once in a while. If you love pecan pie, but only fix it at holidays this would also be the perfect dessert served warm with a little ice cream. They were "Easy and Delicious"
Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy!
Pin It Now!