Thursday, June 14, 2012

Irish Crochet Scarf

I bought a crochet book a few weeks back because I loved this scarf that was on the front of the cover.  It was a beautiful shade of aqua and they had used Irish Crochet.  I could not find the exact yarn that they had used, but I tried to get close.  It was 15 flower motifs and you had to crochet them together as you go.  The pattern was horrible! (Or maybe it was me)  I had to improvise on three-quarters of the scarf. 



I got to the fancy picot edging and disliked it immensely!!!  I took it out four or five times.  Trying different stitches, moving it to different places and I did not like any of them.



So I decided to keep it simple and just leave the edging off completely.  I love the color and feel of the scarf.  It is just not near as fancy as it's pattern counterpart.  I don't know if I will try anything else in that book.  I guess I will have to see.






The lovely places I link to.....

buttonJune Finishes
Tip Junkie handmade projects

Button pic 9
Pin It Now!

20 comments:

  1. I don't know if I would give up on that book yet! This scarf if gorgious and the color perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, I think I might have a few bald spots from pulling out my hair! LOL! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. It's so frustrating when pattern instructions cannot be deciphered,I had the same experience recently with a pattern for a crochet rose. Your scarf looks good despite all the hassle with the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I almost gave it up and made something completely different. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Looks great. I understand your frustration. I am currently crocheting newborn caps. I had to modify the patter because I didn't like the "knots" that would end up under a delicate little head as the baby lay anywhere.

    Found you from Sew Many Ways!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It makes you wonder who writes the patterns sometimes. Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  4. This is beautiful!! I think you did a wonderful job.

    I learned how to knit last summer and I made a hat for my husband, I'm still working on his matching scarf and I'm in the middle of making my stepson his scarf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I tried knitting a way back and I was way too slow.

      Delete
  5. You do beautiful work. I was wondering if you would link it in my Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop. Here is the link:

    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/06/natural-translucent-face-powder-and.html

    I would love to have anything that you would like to link.
    Sincerely,
    Debi Bolocofsky
    www.adornedfromabove.com
    Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness. That is beautiful. Thanks so much for linking up! Have a fabulous weekend! :)

    ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Enjoy your bandage free weekend! :)

      Delete
  7. Love the look of the scarf. My crochet skills are much more basic,

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am inviting you to come and be part of my blog hop:
    http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/06/show-your-stuff-29.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for participating in Show Your Stuff Blog Hop, You are invited to come back:
    http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/06/show-your-stuff-29-mini-cherry.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. that came out so sweet! this would make a lovely gift anybody would love to have! thanks for sharing, girl and have a fab weekend!

    Hugs,
    Lelanie

    to-sew-with-love.com
    tocookwithlove.com
    villaportillo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty scarf! Again, beautiful stitches! Thanks for linking up!

    xo -E

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, this one came out great. Fabulous scarf. Come link it up with us at out linky party!

    ReplyDelete