Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sail Away Tote


So, this weekend I finished my first commissioned project.  I completely designed this tote to my customers specifications.   I ended up calling it Sail Away.  It looks so inviting to grab your suit and set out on a yacht.  (If Only)  And I finished it with plenty of time to get it off by Wednesday.  I always seem to work better with a deadline.

She wanted ample room for three beach towels and other essentials to take to the pool.  She also wanted a tote that was washable and would not look to dirty after a use or two.  I just love the blues.


My favorite thing to do is to make the bags I create completely reversible and this is no different.  The upper pic is of the inside pockets.

This is the other side of the interior of the tote.  It has three more Velcro pockets, a key clip and a large zippered pocket.  This was the first time I tried an inside zipper.  I used the directions at Creative Little Daisy.  It was not as near difficult as expected to add an interior pocket.  Her directions and pictures were so precise that it was easy-peasy.  I hope that she loves her new pool tote.  I  hated seeing it leave.  I will have to work on one for myself.  I linked up to....



Fresh Poppy Design


April Finishes

Lily's Quilts
Ellison Lane Quilts Pin It Now!

18 comments:

  1. Hi, I have just popped over from the Small Blog Meet at Lily's Quilts. The bag that you have made is lovely. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool tote! Perfect fabrics and love that you made it reversible - doubles the versatility!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful bag...I'm sure your customer just loves it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She gets it tomorrow, I can't wait to see what she thinks!!

      Delete
  4. Great job! You definitely have to make one for yourself. Happy Fresh Sewing Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Fresh Sewing Day to you! And thanks for following!! :)

      Delete
  5. Such a great bag...makes me want to head for the beach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! If I only lived closer to one!

      Delete
  6. Well done on getting your first commission and completing it ahead of time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This came out great!! I love how you perfectly matched up the fabric so the lines of the sailboats lined up. Stopping by from Sew Chatty linky party and your newest follower.

    Here is what I shared this week: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.ca/2012/04/another-coat-for-holly.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just a slight perfectionist. Thanks for stopping by and becoming a follower. I will check out your party link also!!

      Delete
  8. I love those fabrics! They are perfect for a swimming tote! You did a beautiful job and how clever to make it reversible! Wow! Just, wow! Congratulations on a great finish and thanks for linking up!

    xo -E

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE, love, love my bag! You did a fantastic job making the PERFECT swimming tote. We swim daily here with this heat in the summer, so it'll be used a ton. Starting today, it's supposed to be in the 90s for several days already, so the bag arrived just in time. I appreciate your talent, hard work, practical and perfectionist work on the bag. You are awesome! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you love your tote and thanks for all you lovely compliments!!! Enjoy the hot days of summer by the pool!

      Delete