Friday, April 13, 2012

Beach Bag Baby!

My cousin made one of my munchkins a cute little bag to carry their clothes or wet towel in after hitting the pool or beach.   It is made from a beach towel. I thought that it was super cute! 

I thought it was a great idea for Moms also.  So, I came up with a slightly different version for the adults.  It has a single strap, that is long enough to go a cross your body.
 The body of the bag is made from a towel.  The beach towels are a little thinner and easier to work with, but I wasn't able to find the one that would match this fun whimsical pattern of fabric from Salt Air by Cosmo Cricket for Moda.   The Salt Air line has the cutest little labels that worked great to applique on the front of the bag. 
 The strap is made from two  jelly roll strips.  The outside pocket was made from yardage I had of Salt Air - Tiny Bubbles Mist.  I also free handed some waves to go on the top of the pocket.  Total cost was about $7.00
The pocket has enough space to put a magazine or a book in so you can set back and enjoy the salty air,  if you are that lucky!!

You can find this and other April Finishes on ....



April Finishes


Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. Thank Claire! It's all linked up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This bag is awesome!! I want to make one for the summer. Thanks for sharing at my party!! Have a great rest of your weekend and hope to see you again next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so cute and very clever! I love the waves you added to the top of the outside pocket and the little label on the front. Those colors are just beautiful! Congratulations on a really creative finish and thank you for linking up!

    xo -E

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty stinkin cute! makes me want to go to the BEACH....NOW...how about you?

    www.NorthernCottage.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Love to be relaxing there myself!

      Delete