Friday, April 6, 2012

Refinished Table

After a constant nagging for 4 or more years (I've sort of lost count), my hubby decided to tackle a refinishing project.   I intended to help, but it just didn't work out.  I thought I would share what a great job he did.


We tried out two different paint and varnish removers.  One was Minwax and the other was Formby's.  They both came with their pros and cons, but our favorite was Formby's.  It removed the varnish with ease.  If you are looking for a great upper body workout, then I suggest Minwax paint and varnish remover.  He removed all the varnish and then sanded it down to this...



He then used the same stain that we had used on the Storage Bench which is Minwax Red Oak.


After two applications of varnish and a couple coats of polyurethane, we now have a beautiful table that I absolutely love.  Thanks Hubby!!!


Make sure when using any products to wear protective safety gear, goggles and chemical withstanding gloves.




Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Your hubby did a beautiful job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Table looks beautiful! Could you tell me, is this table veneer or solid wood?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete