Friday, May 17, 2013

Bloggers Quilt Festival 2013

So, this is the first year I have entered into The Bloggers Quilt Festival over at


Spring Blogger's Quilt Festival - AmysCreativeSide.com

 If you are new here,  Hello!! and welcome to my little corner of the world.   My name is Amy and I have been quilting for a little over a year.  Last year, I was just starting to quilt and really was completely overwhelmed by the talent I found at last years Quilt Festival.  If you are sitting on the sidelines, like I did last year, don't.  I have met some of the nicest, most encouraging people through my blog and by taking part in great blog hops, parties and now a Quilt Festival.
 That being said, this year, I decided to enter my first quilt of 2013 in the Quilter Photography category.  I have several loves, but some of my favorites (not including family) are windmills, the outdoors and quilts.  So here is my entry....








Quilt Stats:
Pattern:  Beaquilter Quilt a long

Dimensions: 60" square

Fabrics: a huge assortment of stash fabric with a little bit of Noteworthy and Kona throw in .

Machine pieced and quilted by me on my Janome.

Category:  Quilter Photography

Pictures taken in my backyard and the open space near our home.

You can read more about the quilt here.

Thanks so much for stopping by and enjoy taking a look at all those gorgeous quilts!



Pin It Now!

29 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt and I love your photography. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the POV with the windmill. Lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love everything about your quilt.... congrats on your entry and maybe I will join you all next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous quilt and I love your photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job photographing your quilt! That is always the most difficult chore for me, no imagination I guess! Glad you've joined this fun festival!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photo should be a magazine shot! It is great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I saw this category, I immediately thought of you and this photo. I'm so glad you entered!

    xo -E

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors in your beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great photo and quilt Amy. If you love windmills you should see this windmill quilt. I know the women who made this quilt and I saw it in person at one of the quilt meetings. It's pretty amazing: http://gailgarber.com/gallery/students-quilts/donna-barntiz-windmill-quilt-resized/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely quilt! It looks great with the windmill :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous shot! And such a lovely quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photo and the quilt is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty - love the colour choices!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Why do you have a windmill in your backyard?


    Gorgeous shot!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome Photo!!! and a very pretty quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful quilt and amazing photo...love it! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both are great the quilt and the photo! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a great quilt and photo! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your quilt is so beautifully done! Your presentation is lovely too!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful pictures! It must be great to have all that open space by your house. The quilt colors really stand out with all that green grass :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous, both the quilt and all the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I first clicked on your picture because it looked cool on the blogger festival page, then saw it was MY quilt along- ha!! of course I voted for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just have to vote for you because It is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cute quilt and your pictures are so nice! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love Your pictures Amy!!
    Regards from Poland.
    Gosia.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your setting really enhances the peaceful pastels of this lovely quilt, Amy. Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete