Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Rainbow of Afghans

 I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas.  Ours was filled with family, laughs, good food, and a much needed break.  Since it is after Christmas, I will be able to share the rest of the gifts that I made for my family.


I just love this Limelight color.  Reminds me of a great big bowl of limes.  Bright and refreshing!




This one is Watermelon. Great hot pink! The picture fails to do it any justice.
 


And lastly a Sunshine Pineapple afghan. It is done with the same booklet as the others, but a slightly different pattern.   One of my nieces received the Mango Orange afghan.  She told me numerous times how much she needed it.  



Here is my homemade rainbow. Isn't so pretty?  I have never finished two afghans in a year let alone 6 counting the Red, White, and Blue Bavarian afghan.  And I am working on Number 7 - and already half finished.  (Which is now my favorite and very scrappy)  All of the afghans except the purple were made with Caron Simply Soft yarn.  I just love the colors and the name of the yarn says it all.  It is nice and soft.  A great kid cuddling afghan.



 
I am quite excited to have made a completely homemade Christmas. We only bought materials for the gifts that we gave this year. I can't wait to show you what my hubby and I made for the guys.
 
See you soon!


The lovely places I link to .......

Pin It Now!

11 comments:

  1. So very pretty! Love the colors and the patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Amy! It's apparent that a ton of effort and love went into each and every afghan. I envy your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful..now that's my kind of rainbow!

    TracyAnn from www.crochethappy.com and http://asktracyann.crochethappy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful. I have a link party called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop and would love to have you share this with everyone. It runs from Wednesday through midnight Sunday. Here is the link to the party.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/12/5-fun-posts-and-wednesdays-adorned-from.html
    Debi @ Adorned From Above
    Marci @ Stone Mountain Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  5. All beautiful, I more like the Sunshine Pineapple!
    Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year!

    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great Amy, I am sure they will be much loved and snuggled!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The afghans are just beautiful and I am so impressed that you made them all in just one year. Bravo! Blessings for a joy-filled 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am jealous of all your finished projects! I am still trying to finish my son's Christmas afghan. Although I did finish one early in December for my daughter and gave it to her early to enjoy! Keep up the great work! Do you also knit?

    ReplyDelete
  9. All your project are beautifull! I´m seeying her from Czech Republic, excuse my english, please. You are amazing! I love crochet and have much inspiration from you. Dagmar.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are amazing! I love crochet and all your project are beautifful! Much inspiration from you to Czech Republic :)), heart of Europe :)). Dagmar / Jalepozi.

    ReplyDelete