Thursday, December 6, 2012

Paper Pieced Nativity

 In November, I found that Alyce at Blossom Heart Quilts and Kristy at Quiet Play were having a 


Sew Seasonal Blog Hop

I love the look of paper piecing.   It reminds me of stained glass. I have only tried it once before with much larger pieces.  I figured I would give myself a break from crocheting for a bit and spend a couple evenings at the sewing machine.  And this is what I decided to try out...



I loved hanging the block in the window and let all the light shine through it.  On this block, decided to use all Batik material that I had from the Eskimo wall hangings that I had made months back.



I used the star pattern in two different sizes and the baby Jesus.  I changed it a bit to make the streams of light from the manger. 



I made it for a small wall hanging.  I love it.  It is so different from anything that I have done before.  The pattern was easy to follow and so much fun.  Thank you to Alyce at Blossom Heart Quilts and Kristy at Quiet Play for a fabulous hop and the gorgeous blocks.





Lovely Places I Link To.....



Pin It Now!

12 comments:

  1. Oh lovely! I love the pic that makes it look like stained glass! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the streaming light! The batiks are perfect for the midnight glow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look like stained glass and you used the perfect fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's gorgeous. I agree with Cathy - perfect fabrics. Thanks for linking up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is lovely Amy, the batiks were the ideal choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE the fabrics you used! What a neat effect - like a painting or glasswork. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow these are beautiful Amy! Thanks for sharing on "I Gotta Try That" Have a great week!
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful wall hanging! I made those blocks too, weren't they great to follow? :) I love your take on them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is beautiful Amy and your paper piecing is perfect, it does look like stained glass. Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your wonderful project is one of our top features this week in our Bowdabra Feature Friday! Congrats!

    Thanks for linking up. Here is your feature http://bowdabrablog.com/2012/12/14/feature-friday-bowdabra-top-crafty-showcase-picks-27/

    We hope to see you again this weekend for the Saturday Showcase! Have a great weekend!
    Susie at Bowdabra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing your project in last week's Crafty Showcase. We love how you inspire others on the internet! Stop back over and share more of your talent in the new Bowdabra Crafty Showcase starting Friday night midnight! http://www.bowdabrablog.com
    Susie @Bowdabra

    ReplyDelete