Monday, March 26, 2012

Eskimo Yo-Yo

I thought that I would show you a finished wall hanging that I recently finished for a cousin who lives up north.  (I hope she already received it or I just blew the surprise.)  I love most paintings of Barbara Lavallee, a renowned artist in Alaska.  She has a variety of prints and now you can purchase quilt patterns of some of her more famous painting.  I have made two of the quilt patterns that are available on-line.  I was lucky enough to have some connections in Alaska and they stopped by The Quilted Raven in Anchorage, AK. and pick me up a couple different patterns. 

Her patterns were the first that I tried applique on.   I made 5 of these around Christmas.  My wrist was exhausted from cutting so many pieces.  Batik fabrics work great for these.  Well, on to the next project.  I linked up to Such a Sew and Sew with projects you finished in March.
<center><a  href="http://emsewandsew.blogspot.com/2012/03/stitch-in-time-march-finishes-linky.html" target="_blank"
Photobucket
Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That is amazing! I love the colors and the quilt itself is beautiful. What a neat thing to be able to do -- make quilts from your favorite works of art! Thank you for linking up!

    xo -E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth,
      Thanks for the linking party and stopping by. I have only made 8 of those for family and do not have one myself.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I like that this print was a painting first. Very clever! Thank you for linking this up to share with people! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete