Friday, March 10, 2017

Not All That Wander Are Lost Mini Quilt

Hi, Y'all!!
So here is my Friday Finish.

I received the most beautiful bundle
of fabrics from Camelot Cottons.
It was Kaleidoscope.
A beautiful mix of soft
blues, aqua, purple, creams,
and some navy blue, which
made a beautiful contrast.
It really has a modern southwest feel
to the fabric.



While looking at the fabric,
I decided to try my hand at flying geese.
Here I have been quilting for
close to 5 years, and have not
made one without paper piecing it.

Sometimes, when making something
I have no plan.
I just let the fabric lead me.

This was the case with
project.  I really thought
that I would have to go back
to the drawing board,
but after I finished it,
I knew that it had to
be one of my favorites.


The quote, "Not all those who wander are lost",
is a line written in a poem by J. R. R. Tolkien.
It has to be one of my favorite quotes.


I quilted it using Aurifil 50 wt. thread
in 2311.  I used straight stitching,
and then added a few wandering lines
through them for added interest.


It is now hanging in my home.

If you would like to read
more about this quilt
and check out the pattern,

You can find it on Thermoweb
Stop in there and say Hello.



Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. A lovely quilt with an interesting binding. Thanks for showing us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I love the arrows with that quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. visiting from crazy mum quilts. That is just fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Where did you get the lettering? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling little quilt! The letters are perfect for the quote: they have a wonderful Middle-Earth feel. Adding the arrows was a brilliant stroke since they are popular now but also because the story has a few archers. (Pretty cute archers in the movie!) You will enjoy this quilt for a long time--it has a modern look thanks to the fabrics but also a classic feel thanks to the books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This turned out so beautiful and I love that quote. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete