Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Sights of Summer

 
I can't show you any
sewing projects because
well, there isn't much to
show off.
But, I do have some beautiful blooms
from my garden to
show you all.
 
 
 
Coneflowers (Echinacea)
are one of my all-time
favorite flowers.
This is a new one I picked up last year.
It starts like this and
then...

 
it looks like a completely different
flower. 
 


 
I started with one lone plant
and ended up with

my front flower bed consumed with beautiful
pink blooms
and many Happy Bees.
 


 
And for a little
annual flower love,
Zinnias.
 



 
Hope you all are having a great week
And enjoyed the flowers I picked just for
YOU!!
 

Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the lovely flowers, Amy. I think I would love to grow cone flowers next year. I am going to look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love zinnias. They remind me of my grandmother-in-law. She had a yard full of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous flowers! I plant zinnia in my windows boxes every year. Cone flowers are perennials, right? I am working on a perennial garden. I shall have to find some of these. Thanks for sharing ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are beautiful cone flowers. I have a lonely fiery orange one...began with two, but one did not make it. They don't seem to like my yard much. Now irises and lilies love it here. Also, I have another green bushy plant, that gets a red flower in the late fall. I've no idea what it is...rescued it from my mom's flower beds before we sold the house. Thanks so for sharing your lovely garden!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color of the coneflower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pictures Amy....I love, love Cone flowers too. Black Eyed Susan are volunteer here and they usually come up in my flower beds or in fence lines. I was going to ask if you had any star flowers, because you're a star....but I see the centers of the zinnias are STARS ! How neat !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos are just gorgeous of those beautiful flowers! I'm so jealous of your flower garden.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Flowers! I like your all images .. Nature and Natural things always feel good ..

    ReplyDelete