I starting working on this as a competition for a local fabric shop. They supplied the purple color and I had to come up with the rest. It is the first Dresden I completed and I loved every minute, and I am actually working on a second. I am so excited to show you my completion.
I used the 5 1/2" Dresden for a 18" pillow. I would have made it bigger, but I didn't get that big of mystery (purple) material, so I wanted to make sure that I had enough.
(Excuse the fuzz. That black picked-up every last fuzzy of batting while quilting it.)
I zig-zagged all the way around the Dresden. I think I went through 3 bobbins. I was beginning to regret the 1/4" between each line, but I really loved the results.
For the outside edge, I used all the leftovers I had and created a corded trim around it. I dropped if off at the store on Saturday and she almost had to pry my fingers off of it. I really hated leaving it there, but I know it is in good hands. (I hope.)
If you haven't tried a Dresden, don't be afraid of it. It is a lot of fun and I know you will love the results.
You can check out the places, I link-up to.