Friday, November 10, 2017

Mini Charm Chocolate Big Sky Quilt

I have really been 
enjoying piecing as of late.
Just the pure, fun, and
simplicity of sewing a straight line. 
It really has had a hold on
me for the last couple months.

When Fat Quarter Shop announced
that they would be holding a Quilt-A-Long
for a new pattern using mini charms, 
I was all in. A sweet little quilt
made from Moda Mini-Charms.
And with the release
of this new fabric,
I was in.


I absolutely love this fabric line.
It is Big Sky designed by Annie Brady
for Moda.
The colors and designs are
just my cup of tea.
You can find the line of fabric
at Fat Quarter Shop.
The background fabric is
Moda Grunge Basics White.

There are several option sizes
to this quilt.  I choose
to do the lap size quilt
and I just love it.


Being that I felt that the fabric and quilt were
directional.  I really didn't want
bears or moose on
their heads, so when constructing
the quilt, I paid close attention to
the direction of each fabric.


It was a bit more time consuming that way,
but I really like that every fabric is
the same direction.

It is quilted with Aurifil
50 wt. #2830.
A lovely mint green,
you can find the color here.

I tried something a little different
with this quilt as well.
I cut striped fabric on the bias
to create a really fun
diagonal strip for the binding.



It has to be one of my favorite
backs and binding that I have
added to a quilt.
Just makes it all pop.



Problem is that every time I
make something, it doesn't stay in my hands
very long.
My son saw the fabrics and really
loved that it didn't look girlie.
So, I think this one will be wrapped 
under the tree with his name on it.


If you would love an adorable little,



You may purchase this lovely quilt kit Here

or choose your own fabrics and follow the free video tutorial HERE.

You won't be disappointed.  
The quilt was an absolute joy to 
piece together.






Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt! I love the colors! I almost always make bias binding and love using stripes. There’s just something about the candy cane look of it that makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the binding and back, they really work so well. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely fabrics, I so love Grunge. The stripy binding is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilting really sets this quilt off well Amy, a pretty finish and the stripey binding is just the right edge! I tried replying to your early email on block x project, would be happy to join in but your "rocket" email didn't go through?

    ReplyDelete