Thursday, November 12, 2015

Blizzard Warning

Do you ever make craft promises to yourself?
No, nothing like I won't buy yarn or fabric for a
month and then have a relapse.
I mean from an artistic point.
Several years back, after my grandmother passed
away, she left many crocheted granny squares in a bag.
After many hours of putting them together,
I made a promise to myself that well....
I would never make anything with any granny squares.
I didn't like the whole idea of having
 to crochet or sew them together. 
It is a good thing that we are all able to grow and
change our minds.
The change of mind came from a pattern.
 


It is called Blizzard Warning. 
It is created by Every Trick on the Hook.
You can find the pattern for free
right now on Ravelry.
You can either make a hexagon
or as a granny square.
  I chose the later.
Although, a hexagon could be in the near future.
 
 
I made a single crocheted seam in the center
connecting the squares. 
 


I have big plans for
this lovely, so
you'll have to check in later.
I could be snowed in.
 
 
 
 


Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. OMGosh, those are the prettiest grannies I have EVER seen!! First the color caught my eye which led me to really look at the pattern. I love it!! I've made way too many grannies in my life and granny afghans....well, maybe just one more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous granny square blocks. Have fun sewing them all together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes I've made a few of those promises and had to eat my word. My grandma always said say it sweetly as you never know when you'll have to eat your words. Your granny squares are beautiful! Glad you grew older and changed your mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Those are gorgeous squares - love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've broken lots of those kind of promises. Good that you did this time! Beautiful squares that will be a cherished memory of your grandmother, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO BEAUTIFUL! One day I'd love to make myself a blanket of these squares.

    ReplyDelete