Thursday, May 22, 2014

Accuquilt Block Party - Flowering Snowball

 Welcome to my day on the
 
AccuQuilt Blog Hop Party
AccuQuilt has came out with 11 new dies
and I was excited when I got a chance
to try out the
New Flowering Snowball Die.
 
http://www.accuquilt.com/go-flowering-snowball-12-finished.html
I have never sewn a curve for a quilt,
maybe sewn a sleeve or two on
a kiddos dress, but
never on a quilt.
Just a little intimidating.
 
I decided to use all solids. 
I love the simplicity
of solids.  I pulled out my
Kona Fat Quarters Fields of Irises.

Plus, the die works great using fat quarters.
 
 
 

I timed how quick it was
to cut out 10 blocks. 
You can find the results here.
Sew, what exactly did I come up with?
 

 
It measures at 60" square. 
 I haven't yet decided how
I would like to quilt it
so, if you have any grand suggestions.......
 
I would love them.
 
I have several more ideas
for this great die.
 
 
Thanks to Accuquilt
for letting me give it a whirl.
 
 
 
Pin It Now!

16 comments:

  1. Wow. I love the way your quilt has come together. I think I need to add this one to my want list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. uhhh nice and elegant! funny we both picked purple :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhhh my and i love the white striking

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Amy this is so striking!! Love that you used the black for the center square too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very modern. Gotta love those solids! And how did you find sewing the curves? Looks like you caught on quickly! Great job, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your color choices - the diagonal splash of color within the black and gray was a brilliant idea!...and your curves look perfect...I can't wait to see how you quilt it. GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quilt, Amy. It was worth waiting til Friday to see. The quilting will really stand out on those wonderful Kona solids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great block and wonderful quilt layout ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I need to get this one for sure! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Splendid quilt, and in my favorite colors too! I love the curved pieces but haven't braved any yet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is awesome! I love the color placement.

    ReplyDelete