Thursday, September 6, 2012

Urban Garden


If you have been reading my blog for awhile, you all know I love Dresdens. Well, I thought that since I went crazy and quilted my QAL quilt in two days.  (Only because I never sleep.)  I had a whole 2 hours to spare and would enter it in the Salt Lake Modern Quilt Guild.  I had already entered my pillow, "sew" why not my favorite quilt.......





The sun was starting to go down so the pictures are not as bright as what the material is in person.



It is 106 inches square and has a center Dresden with quarter Dresedens in the corners. 

 





I finished the back with a fun orange polka dot with a separating row of half Dresdens and then some grey floral.  I like reversible quilts, (or reversible anything) so this one will look great either way.




I had to show you some FMQ, I decided to try while working on it.   I put some vine and leaves running through the green polka dot and then...




put free handed flowers in the corner.  I hope my hubby can deal with all the floral.





Well, I best put this quilt to bed!  (on my bed that is)  Can't wait to snuggle up under it tonight.  This will probably be the last time you see it, but I can't make any promises.




Pin It Now!

9 comments:

  1. Gosh, you are quick! Your quilt looks lovely, good luck in the competition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a lover of the Dresden as well. I have yet to make one. Yours is very lovely. Good luck with the competition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a wonderful quilt Amy! I like those colors on the gray background and your quilting is fantastic! Would your husband even notice the freehand flowers if you don't mention it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great quilt! I love your colors and the little quilted flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love the dark gray background, and that backing fabric is super perfect! What a pretty quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool colors together!! I love your FMQ designs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats you've won the random prize drawing for the Traditional category. I need your email and mailing address so I can send you some information.

    Thanks Elisa
    elisaalburyquilts@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi I'm over from FAFF. This quilt is beautiful. I absolutely adore the colours you've used. Is there a pattern for this quilt?

    ReplyDelete